Friday 22 April 2011

I found my old quilt

Well I have been sorting out my study....which has now turned into a work room. The pictures are what it looks like now. I like how its all in one place, plus I have a nice work table for all the other jobs of cutting etc I need to do.



While I was sorting out the room I found an old quilt I was making when I was about 12. It is all paper templates, tacked and then stitched together by hand. So I am thinking of using this as a centre piece in a quilt for either a cot or single bed for one of my grandchildren. Looking at it now, my tastes have certainly changed, I would not use some of those colours now. But I am amazed I could sew so well at that age.....its quite good and has lasted for the 37 years its been stuck in a plastic bag. I must have been pretty cluey back then....lol

I am resizing some patterns out of a book....the old fashioned way. of drawing the squares and enlarging them, then drawing the image in the squares.....very tedious but effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment