Wednesday 9 May 2012

Thursday 10th May 2012

Today I received all my wallpapers and flooring I need for my dollhouse. They are gorgeous, and huge sheets, they look better in real life than on a computer screen. here are some of them:

These sheets are for the ceilings, they will be plain white with rosettes in the middle.



This is the roof paper:

This is the terracotta tiles for the wash room floor. This is a plastic 3D effect, its brilliant.

I have dry built part of the basement, dry built is where you put it together without glue, just so you know where the pieces go together. It interlocks into grooves, the masking tape was put there to hold it in place until I could get the next piece on:
The room on the left is going to be the Maid and Cooks room, the middle room is the kitchen and the right hand room is the washroom, where the washing was done, and where they preserved foods. The door on the outside wall was where the deliveries and servants entered.

I now have the undercoat and fine sandpaper, so I am hoping to paint it this weekend. I will need about 2 coats of undercoat with a sand each time. I have to leave the edges, bare MDF, so the glue will adhere to it properly. Once it is undercoated I will start wallpapering and putting the flooring on, and then I will paint the outside of the house. This is going to take me a long time, but I am going to have fun doing it. I can't wait to start on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment