Saturday 2 July 2011

June 2011 - Under The Sea

I have finally finished the Under the sea theme for the sewing group....a little late seeing a it was supposed to be finished in June. But better late than never.

I personally don't like these two Dee Dee Dolphins. The pattern was easy, but the instructions were confusing. So I ended up doing it my way using the picture. I sewed all the top section (dark blue) together, I then added the mouth, and fins and tail. I did the same thing with the bottom section (light blue), and then I joined the two sections together, leaving the end near the tail open. I stuffed it and then hand stitched it together.

I have no idea why the tail on both these are twisted, but as they came out the same....it looks quite quirky. The whites of the eyes to me are too big, so next time I will definitely make it smaller. The eyes are felt which have been glued on using craft glue.

I was going to put a bell in each dolphin, but thought I won't do it this time. Maybe next time.

I hope my next project works out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment